Tracey Westwood's K2

Friday, December 4th Update

Picture of Tracey Westwood
Friday, December 4th Update
by Tracey Westwood - Friday, 4 December 2015, 2:54 PM

A few bits for the week...

• For the next few days before the break, we are collecting Food and Funds for Families in need in our own Brentwood Community. If you are fortunate to have plenty this season, please consider donating non-perishable, non-expired food items or money. There is a collection box in each classroom as well as the hallways. Cash donations can be given directly to me or the office and we will see to it.

• Please sign and return report card envelopes as soon as possible. Make sure you take the report card out to keep for your own records.

• There has been little to no interest in Scholastic Book orders the last few months. If you are interested in continuing to receive the order forms, please let me know with an email and I will make sure you get them.

• Popcorn Day is next Wednesday the 9th.

• The last week of school (date to be determined), our buddies and we are planning to do a little Christmas activity together. We will need each child to bring a baggy of Royal Icing and a small baggy of small candies such as M&Ms, chocolate chips, Skittles, Nerds, Jujubes, etc. Small is the key word here.

• Tuesday, December 15th is Family Craft Night from 5:45 - 7:00. We will be welcoming everyone into the school to choose two holiday crafts to make and take home. It is a fun time so please plan to attend. Parents are asked to remain with their child(ren) as much as possible. Please, do not drop them at the door and run away!

• Spelling this week.

PINK – cat, jam, had, wag, cab, sad, ran, map, has, ham, sock, job, fox, got, hop, lot, hot, mom, top, box, mop, oddball, was, boy.

YELLOW – (short o) box, stop, drop, knock, (long o_e) rode, chose, slope, whole, stone, (long oa) road, goat, float, boat, soap, foam, toad, load, goal, coat, (oddballs) one, love.

GREEN – (add -es) benches, guesses, splashes, mixes, kisses, leashes, watches, brushes, scratches, churches, peaches, sketches, foxes, speeches, crashes, classes, ditches, branches, ashes, (add -s) horses, voices, changes, places, (oddball) clothes (because it is both clothe + s and cloth + es).

Have a great weekend!

Tracey