Tracey Westwood's K2

Interested in the Thrifty Foods Run?

Picture of Tracey Westwood
Interested in the Thrifty Foods Run?
by Tracey Westwood - Monday, 28 September 2015, 4:56 PM

Brentwood Elementary once again has entered a team as part of the Thrifty Foods Kids Run on the Thanksgiving Day weekend.  The event will take place on October 11th at 10:15 in downtown Victoria.  It's a great opportunity to have some fun, exercise and support a worthy cause.  If you register your child online by September 25th they will have our school name printed on the back of their t-shirt.  However, you MUST select Brentwood Elementary when prompted for a school team name for this to happen and for your registration to count towards our school's total.  The school with the highest participation rate will win $1000 which we could use to purchase new gym equipment.  Please note, if you have young children, relatives or friends who want to participate but do not attend our school they can still register under our school name.  Let's get as many kids registered as possible.

You may register after September 25th and count toward our team total, but you will not have our school team name on the back of your shirt.  If you do not use a credit card and would like to register please have your child pick up a registration form from me, complete it, then return it to me with cash payment by September 25th at lunch.  I will then drive them into town and drop them off. Parents are responsible for getting their child to and from the run as well as supervising of your child at all times.  The crowd downtown is simply too large for me to be responsible for this.  We will meet as a team for a quick picture before the race and then head over to the start area for a warm-up.  I will send a letter home with your registration package outlining these details later.

Who Is The 1.25km Run For?

All kids 12 years old or younger who wish to run or walk 1.25kms. Parents can run alongside their child in the kids run; parents are not required to register. 

Timeline

Par-T-Perfect-Logo.PNGKids will cross the finish line off Kingston. Inflatable obstacle course and face painting will be available in the parking lot off Kingston and Menzies following the race (until approximately 11:30am). Thank you to Par-T Perfect for their support!

What Is The Cost?

$17 entry fee includes a T-shirt (100% cotton), goody bag, race number and medal. Goody Bag courtesy of Dairyland.

If you have any questions please contact Mrs. MacGregor.