Tracey Westwood's K2

Friday, December 5th Update

Picture of Tracey Westwood
Friday, December 5th Update
by Tracey Westwood - Friday, 5 December 2014, 4:26 PM

Here are a few bits for the week...

• Spelling - I did not have a chance to mark Spelling Tests before sending the children home today so I'll write them into agendas next week. Also, we've got a lot to do before the break so there will be no Spelling in the next two weeks. Spelling homework will resume in the New Year.

• Art – We have started our paper maché project and you may have noticed that your child is wearing the “goo” home. The “goo” is just flour, salt and water so it should wash out easily. Some students experienced some stinging because of the salt in the mixture (if they had scratched or chapped hands). The salt is included to prevent mold growth so I prefer to use it. If your child is sensitive and not able to bring protective gloves to class, I will mix a non-salt version for next week. Thank you to those families that sent in fabric and newspapers.

• Christmas Craft Night is next Thursday, December 11th starting at 5:30 until 6:45. Children can choose from a variety of crafts throughout the school, having time to complete only one or two each. Children must attend with an adult as this is a family event.

• Food Drive – Brentwood School has now started our annual food drive from December 1st to December 12th. This Food Drive helps many families within our own community. Please consider donating non-perishable food items.

Have a great weekend!