Welcome back! I hope you had a restful break. Here are a few things for this week:
- FSA results for grade 4 students went home today. Look for the big brown envelope. Please remember these tests are a "snapshot" of your child's progress and will not reflect your child's progress as accurately as the report card you received before Spring Break.
- Reflex Math is up and running again and your child should be using it at least twice a week at home.
- Next Tuesday, our class will be introduced to Artist-in-Residence Mary Kaercher who, thanks to the PAC, will be creating an art project with your child over the next few weeks.
- Cross Country Season is upon us. Practises start next Tuesday and children who wish to participate need to return a permission form in order to run off the school grounds. Children must attend practises to participate in the Wedensday Cross Country Meets but students who do not wish to run in the Meets are welcome to join us for practise (with a completed form).
- Ask your child about the BUG BUSTING Contest starting next Friday, April 4th.
- Miss Jim and her team have started a Toast Club. Toast Club is open to all students, every morning. Our doors will open at 8:25AM. Students pay 25¢ if at all possible. The entrance will be at the outside doors across from the PAC Kitchen. This program is supported by the Sidney Food Bank.
- Books for Boys - A reminder from Ms. Miller, our teacher-librarian, that she has posted a bunch of links to resources about boys and reading on the Learning Commons website for parents to access. Go to:
Brentwood School Homepage > Learning Commons > Parents and Teachers (bottom right hand corner)
- We would like to send our very best wishes to Jocelyn Taylor who has moved to a new school district. We will miss her enthusiasm and her leadership in the class and school. Come back and visit Jocelyn!
Have a great weekend!