A few bits for this week...
- Blue permission forms went home for next Friday's field trip to downtown Victoria. Please sign and return them as soon as possible. We do not yet have enough drivers for this trip so please consider whether you can help out and let me know as soon as possible.
- Today's trip to the Symphony went well. All the children reported enjoying the event. The theme for the performance was Movement. We flew like Peter Pan, took a ride on a train and sailed on a Pirate Ship to the Caribbean. Many of the children recognized some of the classical pieces so kudos to you parents for exposing them! Ask your child what else s/he remembers.
- Your child was asked to bring home this week's practice math test to review before the math test coming up this Tuesday, February 25th.
- Spelling Test next week will be on Thursday due to our extremely busy Friday plans.
- Also because of Friday being so busy, our next chapter of Novel Study will be discussed in Book Clubs on Thursday.
- Next Tuesday, February 25th is an early dismissal day. We will not be conducting parent-teacher conferences that day but will instead be having an open-house with student-led conferences on Tuesday, March 4th from 3:00 to 6:30. This will be an opportunity for your child to share their work with you. As always, if you would like to speak privately with Lorree and/or me, feel free to drop by afterschool or contact us for an appointment.
The symphony made me think of Merry Melodies so b-deep b-deep b-bdeep that's all folks! (And if you don't understand that reference don't tell me...it'll just make me feel really old!)
Have a great weekend!