Tracey Westwood's K2

Friday, November 8th Update

Picture of Tracey Westwood
Friday, November 8th Update
by Tracey Westwood - Friday, 8 November 2013, 11:20 AM

Thank you to all the parents who were able to come in this week to meet! For those of you who were unable to make it in, please remember I'm happy to see you whenever works for you.  Mrs. Brown is also happy to meet. Email or call to make an appointment, or drop by whenever the red Expedition is parked outside!  Also, I think the Doodle-scheduling worked quite well; am I right?  I'd be happy to hear your feedback on it.

Here are some reminders for next week:

• Next Tuesday, we start our independent novel study. Please be certain your child has chosen an appropriate book. The kids have been asked to choose a “Just-Right Book” that they can finish between now and Winter Break (about 100-150 pages for grade 4s and 150-200 for grade 5s). For guidelines on choosing a “Just-Right Book”, see the attachment.

• No Spelling this week. As there is no Monday this week, Mrs. Brown will be unable to launch Spelling. Sorree, peepol. smile

• Photo orders came in today. I'll send them home Tuesday.

• Fun Lunch orders were supposed to go home yesterday but I notice quite a few still sitting in the children's mail pouches. The PAC is switching to on-line ordering so they sent a green form that you may not recognize.  If you didn't get one, you need to go to the PAC Website.  According to the website, orders are due Tuesday, November 12.

From Mrs. Brown: 

• Please return spelling homework on Fridays so we can track progress. Many of the children are forgetting to bring it back in. 
  • Also, be certain to bring back the little plastic word baggies each week so they can be reused.  It would be ideal if they were kept attached to the Spelling duotangs.

Have a peaceful long weekend.