A quick recap: It was a short week but busy none-the-less.
- Our friend, Jack Coley, had his last day at Brentwood today. We wish him all the best at Keating and hope we see him at some of the inter-school events. Otherwise, see you at Bayside, Jack! (or the arena!)
- We launched Words Their Way. Almost all of the children showed improvement with the new spelling program! Please let Lorree or I know if you need clarification of the home study component. We're happy to answer your questions as we all adjust to the new routine.
- The Daily Reading Log went home this week. Please encourage your child to read or be read to for at least 15-20 every day. If you need a copy of the form, please find it attached.
- We had our Patterns unit test in Math. The children will get another look at the test on Tuesday as some of them did not finish today. Ask them if they would like to review the practise test they brought home yesterday to help ensure success.
- We started a music program with the very talented retired Brentwood teacher Gil Chater. Together we will be practising songs to hopefully put on an evening concert in December.
- Thank you for helping your child with the Fire Escape Plan. I hope it was useful for you as well, especially if you haven't talked about emergency evacuation of your home.
- I was pleased to see so many of you at Math Morning today! The feedback from the class was all positive.
- Last day for the library's Pumpkin Project is this coming Monday.
- Feel free to join us for the Pumpkin Run on October 30th.