Mrs. Blackie - K1 News

Friday, April 8, 2022 Weekly Update

Picture of Jeni-Lynn Blackie
Friday, April 8, 2022 Weekly Update
by Jeni-Lynn Blackie - Friday, 8 April 2022, 4:19 PM

Hello everyone, 

So lovely to see everyone ! We have had a great week celebrating the season of Spring! Many children shared what they saw, heard, touched and smelled in  Spring! We did some great digging and uprooting of weeds in our garden box to get it ready for planting new plant starters in a few weeks. Plus, we went on a Springtime walk around the school grounds exploring new Spring things!

Sharing: As it is poetry month, could you please have your child bring in their favourite poem/Nursery Rhyme to share with the class. I will help them read it or I will read it - their choice. Thanks!

Art supplies - I was hoping you could please send in any washed plastic lids from juice bottles, water bottles...small plastic lids for a craft I plan to do next week. 

PAC fundraiser - Plant Orders due April 20 - paper, April 21 - online ordering.

Brentwood Eagles are excited to support Stelly's annual "Fill the Hive" food drive! Students are asked to bring in non-perishable food items or monetary donations for the Saanich Peninsula Lions Food Bank by April 20. High demand items include canned fruits/vegetables, pasta, sauce, and school snacks. Donations may start coming in on Monday, April 11th. Thank you for your support!

Calendar Reminders:

Friday, April 15 - Good Friday - No School

Monday, April 18 - Easter Monday - No School

Monday, April 25 - Pro D day - No School for students

Have a wonderful weekend, 

Mrs. Blackie