Mrs. Blackie - K1 News

Friday, April 1, 2022 Weekly Update

Picture of Jeni-Lynn Blackie
Friday, April 1, 2022 Weekly Update
by Jeni-Lynn Blackie - Friday, 1 April 2022, 6:14 PM

Hello everyone!

I hope you have been enjoying your spring break and have had a chance to get out to see what spring is offering us...daffodils, tulips, buds on the trees, bees buzzing! Great time of the year!

Sharing: Please discuss with your child the 5 senses of Spring that they have seen, heard, tasted, smelled, or touched! They will be sharing one of the senses and we will be making a class poem to celebrate Spring. 

April is Poetry month and we will be reading a poem a day along with printing a letter a day to review letters and sounds. 

We continue to practise printing our first and last name and we will be adding a phone number you would like them to learn and practise printing. Please respond to the email that has Phone Number in the subject line - if no number is sent, I will use one of the numbers that was written on the "Getting to know your child sheet". Thanks for your help with this. 

Enjoy the rest of the break and I look forward to seeing your child on Monday. 

Mrs. Blackie 

Masks - it is your family's choice to wear or not wear a mask. We encourage everyone to be respectful of other's wishes. Thanks!