A few bits for the week...
- If you have not yet sent inside shoes and/or spare clothes in for your child, please do so ASAP.
- In preparation for a possible functional closure (not likely at this time), we are collecting information about technology capabilities at home. Please complete this quick survey as soon as possible.
- Our class will be joining Mrs. Blackie's to build an ice castle out on the blacktop this coming Thursday, January 27th. We are asking everyone to bring some ice blocks to contribute. Ideally, we'd like you to involve your child in filling containers with water (adding food colouring if you wish), putting them in the freezer, and checking on them to see how long they take to freeze. Containers can be any shape or size. You can experiment with jelly moulds, ziplock bags, balloons, or whatever you can think of. The more blocks we get, the better our castle will be!
- Next week is Literacy Week at Brentwood! Our teacher-librarian, Miss Brown, has arranged some fun activities for the week. On Thursday, students are invited to bring a flashlight to school. On Friday, Dress up as a favourite book character, wear a fun hat, or wear an eagle shirt! Also, Monday marks the beginning of Cst. Gentile's Reading Challenge! If Brentwood can read a total of 50,000 minutes, the top readers get to blast Cst. Gentile with silly string! Reading Logs will come home Monday.
- Normally, in January, we invite families in to read with the children once a week. Since this cannot happen this year, I thought I would invite you to record a video of yourself or another family member reading/telling a favourite story to the class and I could share it with them. We would call it Virtual Guest Reader! I totally get it if this idea horrifies you so obviously, it is optional. I am hopeful but no pressure. Please send via email.
- Several children have asked for the Bitmoji Classroom link to be reposted and for the opportunity to reread some of our stories. I have posted the Bitmoji Classroom link under the Quick Links on my Teacher Page. If I can find our story on YouTube, I will post a link to a book on the bookshelf. Today, I have posted Ice Boy and The Mitten. Also, click the microscope to find a science video.
- Here is our school councillor, Mrs.Toronitz's Covid Families Padlet resource.
- Sharing next week will be Freya on Monday, Griffin on Tuesday, Harrison on Wednesday, Hudson on Thursday, and Ian on Friday
Have a great weekend!