Mrs. Blackie - K1 News

Friday, January 14, 2022 Weekly Update

Picture of Jeni-Lynn Blackie
Friday, January 14, 2022 Weekly Update
by Jeni-Lynn Blackie - Friday, 14 January 2022, 3:41 PM

Hello everyone, 

A fun week back! Your children did an amazing job of remembering and beginning new routines at school. I appreciate the packages of masks that were sent in. As we requested kleenex boxes at the beginning of the year, we now are asking for boxes of masks for your child as part of their supplies. 

A big thank you for the Snowy Day photos, I printed them and your child has written about their picture to include it in a class book.  It was great to hear about your child's winter break adventures for sharing this week - lots of snow activities!

We read the Snowy Day this week  - here is an animated version, https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FmZCQfeWjeQ

We are learning how Readers learn to make pictures/movies in their head (visualize) and how they make connections to the text and to themselves. Plus, when we retell stories, it helps us understand the story.  Your child also chose a scene to recreate with shaving cream - snow! I hope to send a photo over the weekend. 

Letterland Megamix -https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WJBbpfx_ESM play to review the letter sounds. We will begin reviewing the letters next week and start to learn how to print them. Starting from the top to the bottom.

Sharing:  Shape Hunt at home - your child can share shapes they have found in the house ie. circle - plate, square - window, etc. Some tricky ones to find hexagon, rhombus, triangles.  I hope they have fun being a Shape Detective! If they are keen, they can always draw what they have found from home and/or bring it to show during their sharing time. Please help them with 3 clues-bottom of a can - it is round, there is no corner, it can roll.  - circle I will help them read their clues. 

Calendar Reminders:

Friday, January 21 -Eagle Convocation - Please have your child wear their Eagle shirt

Literacy Week coming the end of January - stay tuned! 

Have a great weekend!

Jeni-Lynn