Mrs. Blackie - K1 News

Friday, November 26, 2021 Weekly Update

Picture of Jeni-Lynn Blackie
Friday, November 26, 2021 Weekly Update
by Jeni-Lynn Blackie - Friday, 26 November 2021, 9:34 PM

Hello everyone, 

Just an update for those parents who applied for criminal record checks - they are still being processed and I will have our secretary look again next Thursday to see if they will be done. I am hoping to start parent reading/math games sometime after the winter break so I really hope they will be completed by then.

Sharing: Super sharing of toys - well done! We read "Too Many Toys" by David Shannon and made connections to the story.  Next week the children will be telling us their favourite winter drink - cold or hot, and why they like it.  

Library was cancelled this week as our LIbrary Technician was sick. We hope to resume next week. 

Brentwood Elementary is excited to support the Central Saanich Police Department in their 5th Annual Cram the Cruiser Toy Drive on December 15th. We will be collecting new unwrapped toy donations, for all ages (birth - teens) from November 29th - Dec. 15th. All toy donations will be distributed to local families in our community.
We thank you for your support.

Could you please provide your child with masks as I am now sending them to the office for extras. If you put a few extras in their backpacks that is helpful too. Thanks for your help. 

In the spirit of giving, the PAC has organized a toonie drive for the Food Bank. Students can bring a toonie, and then decorate a candy candy or gingerbread man to add to the gingerbread house located outside the gym.

Calendar Reminders:

November 30 - Eagle Convocation - please have your child wear their Eagle Shirt

December  1-  Fun Lunch
December 9 - Report Cards sent home (Please take out the report card and return the envelope signed )
December  13 - Popcorn Day
December 15 - Cram the Cruiser 
December 17 - Last day for Winter Break  - return to school Tuesday, January 4, 2022

Have a great weekend,

Mrs. Blackie