Mrs. Blackie - K1 News

Saturday, October 23 Weekly Update

Picture of Jeni-Lynn Blackie
Saturday, October 23 Weekly Update
by Jeni-Lynn Blackie - Saturday, 23 October 2021, 9:44 AM

Hello everyone, 

It was great to see and talk to many of you about your child. If you didn't get a chance last week, I will get in touch next week. I feel fortunate to work with a wonderful group of children and helping them on their learning journey. 

We did an Earthquake drill with the Province Wide Great Shake Out - the children were able to drop and go under the tables, hold and we all counted to 60 then shuffled to the door. They did a great job! I

Sharing - we had a rainbow table! Fun to see the different items with their favourite colours.  Sorting - Please have your child bring in no more than 5 objects that they have grouped into 2 by a sorting rule.  For example: 5 vehicles - 2 trucks, 3 cars  or 5 hairbands - 4 green and 1 pink or 5 buttons - 3 large, 2 small - just reinforces that we can sort at home and school - math is everywhere! Just a reminder that the children are sharing every week. They have a special day that they are to bring it in. Thanks as it helps with developing their oral language. 

MondayTuesday WednesdayThursday Friday
Violet
Sloane
Cameron
Wesley 
Nick
Ethan
Rylan
Nala
Cohen
Ryan
August
Emmy 
Scarlett
Megan
Kieran
Ollie
James
Lennox
Charleigh
Raygan

Eagle Shirts have been provided by our PAC and will be delivered to your child if they need one on Oct. 28 for our first Eagle Convocation. If your child already has an Eagle shirt, please have them wear it on Thursday, Oct. 28.

Dress Up Day - Friday, October 29. Your child has a choice to dress up in black and orange, wear their Eagle shirt or their Halloween costume. Please do not bring accessories for costumes ---wands, masks, swords, etc. 

Calendar Reminders:

Nov. 5 Francis King Park to learn about Squirrels (please email me if you would like to volunteer on this trip and meet us at the park .I will be verifying Criminal Record checks a few days before we go. )

Nov. 11 Remembrance Day -No School

Nov. 12 Pro D -No school 

Have a great weekend!

Mrs. Blackie