Mrs. Blackie - K1 News

Friday, October 1, 2021 Weekly Update

Picture of Jeni-Lynn Blackie
Friday, October 1, 2021 Weekly Update
by Jeni-Lynn Blackie - Friday, 1 October 2021, 6:31 PM

Hello everyone, 

It is hard to believe it is October! We are continuing to investigate seasonal changes and today we gathered some leaves from the ground to make observations and  next week we will make rubbings/prints with them.  Thanks Ethan for bringing in a mini pumpkin - fun to look at on our science table. 

Sharing:  Please have your child bring in one object in a paper/plastic bag (so kids can't see it) that has the same letter sound as their first name. Plus, please help them to make 3 clues for their peers to try and guess what it is. ( I help them read the clues if they forget them).  

Blackie - 3 Clues  1) it is like a circle, but it is called a sphere  2) it rolls   3) it bounces  What am I?  BALL    

Children bring item on their sharing day.

MondayTuesday WednesdayThursday Friday
Violet
Sloane
Cameron
Wesley 
Nick
Ethan
Rylan
Nala
Cohen
Ryan
August
Emmy 
Scarlett
Megan
Kieran
Ollie
James
Lennox
Charleigh
Raygan

Library: Please return library books on Wednesday so your child will be ready to take out a new one on Thursday. This is now the regular routine. 

Next week we will have our Bus Field Trip. If you have not yet sent back the permission form, please no later than Tuesday.  

Fresh Grade - I hope to start to set it up this weekend, so if your form has been returned, I'll start with those children first. 

This year I am part of "Changing Results for Young Learners" so will be away some mornings. This Wednesday morning I have Mrs. Beattie coming in. The children will love her! 

Calendar Reminders:

October 7 - Bus Safety Field trip for K

October 14- Photo retake day

October 20 and 21- One hour early dismissal (parent/teacher conferences-more info to come)

October 22- Provincial Pro D day

Have a great weekend!

Mrs. Blackie