Tracey Westwood's K2

Friday, October 1st Update

Picture of Tracey Westwood
Friday, October 1st Update
by Tracey Westwood - Friday, 1 October 2021, 3:54 PM

A few bits for the week...

• A field trip permission form went home this week for Kindergarten Safety Orientation. This is a quick zip around the neighbourhood so the littles can learn about school bus safety. Please complete and return the form before Oct.7th. 
  • Thanks to everyone who was able to make it out to our meet and greet this past week. I was able to talk to some of you about FreshGrade electronic portfolios. For those who were unable to make it, a yellow sheet came home today to explain. You need not sign the Web-based Tools form on the back if you already signed a consent in the earlier flood of paperwork. If you read the information and decide you would rather not use FreshGrade, please let me know as soon as possible.
  • In my initial newsletter home, I mentioned getting paperwork in order for parent drivers, but it turns out I will not be permitted to use parent drivers this year. I do hope to do some field trips where parent volunteers are allowed to join. If this interests you, you no longer need to pick up forms from the office, but instead, can follow the instructions here to request your Criminal Record Check.
  • As there was no school yesterday, we snuck in a trip to the library today.
  • Photo retake day is Oct. 14th.
  • Special helpers/Sharing next week will be Emmika on Monday, Evander on Tuesday, Freya on Wednesday, Griffin on Thursday, and Harrison on Friday.

Have a great weekend!