A few bits for the week...
A big package of school administrative forms went home this week. Please sign and return as soon as possible. Thank you to those who have already sent them in. That goes for the parent questionnaire too.
This coming Monday is election day in our school's gym so expect a heavier amount of traffic and less parking than usual.
If you are interested in sharing your contact info with other families, fill out a line on the Playdate List. Playing together outside of school hours is great way to build your child's confidence and friendship skills.
Join Brentwood staff for an outdoor meet and greet on September 28th from 5:30-6:30pm. I'll have a table set up outside my door for anyone who wants to drop by and say hello.
- I encourage the use of reusable water bottles here in class. Children can take sips throughout the day without worrying about spilling coloured drinks on their materials. I won't say don't send juice boxes because that is your choice but I will say most cannot finish one in a single sitting and then they can potentially end up a sticky mess.
- We know that bullying is sometimes a concern for parents but we would like you to be aware that here at Brentwood, we recognize a difference between bullying and social learning. Please have a look at this link.
- Shannon Toronitz, our school councillor, has gathered together a padlet of Family Resources. Check them out here.
- If you haven't already, subscribe to this course/newsletter. The link is on the left-hand side of this page. Subscription makes sure you don't miss a thing as every post is delivered directly to your email inbox. This will be very important this year as new things seem to evolve daily. The Brentwood school site is also a good one to subscribe to because I don't always duplicate school news and you don't want to miss out!
- I'm always happy to hear from you! Email email@example.com anytime.
Have a great weekend!