Mrs. Blackie - K1 News

Friday, January 8, 2021 Weekly Update

Picture of Jeni-Lynn Blackie
Friday, January 8, 2021 Weekly Update
by Jeni-Lynn Blackie - Friday, 8 January 2021, 5:40 PM

Happy 2021!

A week back and the children did a super job at getting back into their routines,  learning activities and sharing their holiday stories with friends! They did  a great job reviewing the Zones of Regulation, our class expectations and what kindness looks like.  

Sharing: Next week, please have your child share their  favourite winter sport or activity.  Could be one they play in or enjoy watching.  Ideas - skating, sledding, playing hockey, building objects with snow - snowmen, forts, etc. Please help them to think why they like it too. 

Today, I sent home some fine motor activities to help with strengthening their muscles. Now that we have reviewed all the letters and their sounds, this term we will focus on printing  and the formation of letters. Many children have had great success in printing their first names with lowercase letters. We will continue to work on this, but now we will include last names. 

Due to Covid I am unable to have parent readers in to read with the children. But following an idea from Mrs. Westwood, if you would like to video yourself reading a story, I will happliy share it with the class- "Secret" guest reader. Please email me the video at jblackie@saanichschools.ca.  Be brave!

Have a wonderful weekend, 

Mrs. Blackie