Mrs. Brown and Ms. Nightingale

Week of June 15-19

Picture of Lorree Brown
Week of June 15-19
by Lorree Brown - Monday, 15 June 2020, 6:19 AM

Hello Division 16 Families.

This is our final week of regular literacy and numeracy activities.  Next week, we will send some final week activities but it will be slightly different than what you have been receiving each week. 

In literacy this week, the writing option takes on the theme of news articles.  The reading option includes three different article online followed by response questions. 

In numeracy, we are moving away from fractions and you are doing some shopping in the “Market Math” assignment.  I hope you have fun with this assignment and remember to line up your decimal when adding. In addition, there are a few problem solving options, as well as math games on the schedule,

I hope you have a great week.  We’re almost there!

Mrs. Brown/Lorree

Note From Mrs. Cannady

Hello Division 16 Families.

We are getting very close to the end of the school year Div 16 and families! Have a fantastic week.

In Literacy this week students are invited to compose a short, non rhyming cinquain poem. A chance to write a description of what it would be like to receive an unexpected package in the mail. There is also the opportunity to continue learning about the moon and its phases with a short video and comprehension question. Students can also continue to work with onomatopoeias.

For Numeracy this week, students can challenge their knowledge of probability by answering task cards. They can continue to practice their working knowledge of both area and nets. There is also the opportunity to analyse an image to determine which transformations have occurred.

As always, I am available Friday afternoon for questions and to give feedback on submitted work. Please keep it coming smile