Mrs. Blackie - K1 News

Friday, May 29 Weekly Update

Picture of Jeni-Lynn Blackie
Friday, May 29 Weekly Update
by Jeni-Lynn Blackie - Friday, 29 May 2020, 6:28 PM

Hello everyone, 

I had lots of fun with the children on Tuesday's letter/sound scavenger hunt - they came up with some great objects to match! Way to go! As I head back into the classroom, I am hoping to connect with all the children on Fridays but am waiting on technology information. Plus, this Friday is a Pro- D day so I won't be able to visit next week. Teachers will be learning about Trauma-Informed teaching.

Here is the Home Learning Plan for next week. This week our focus is Healthy Living. In the Choice column Mrs. Westwood's daughter created a virtual  of Thrifty's where your child maybe able to spot some healthy and treat choices they may want to eat. 

Please continue to send your child's activities as I enjoy seeing what they are working on. 

For students returning to school:

Here are some things you can tell your in-class learners ahead of next week:

• There will be lots of handwashing.

• Line up on the orange dots at our regular door which is an Eagle wingspan. 

• After washing hands, students will hang their backpacks with their lunches on the back of their chairs  and  sit down at their tables to check out their individual toy/activity bin. 

• Students are asked to leave toys at home BUT please RETURN YOUR LIBRARY BOOK.  Over the weekend I will email you the name of the book your child has out. For those not returning to school there is a day in June that you can come and pick up supplies and drop off your library  book. More info to come.

• Recycling and composting at school have been stopped so wrappers and left-overs (ie. banana peels) will be coming back home in lunch kits for you to recycle compost at home - our role in helping the earth. 

I look forward to seeing the children in school as well as the children in MS Teams the following week. 

Have a great weekend!

Mrs. Blackie