Mrs. Blackie - K1 News

Friday, May 1 Weekly Update

Picture of Jeni-Lynn Blackie
Friday, May 1 Weekly Update
by Jeni-Lynn Blackie - Friday, 1 May 2020, 6:03 PM

Hi everyone, 

Hope you enjoyed our Elephant and Piggie week! Thank you for uploading the activities to FreshGrade  or emailing them to me. I love seeing your children doing activities and I hope you are sharing my comments with them too! There is lots of learning happening - thank you for all your home support!

Next week we will be learning about caterpillars. Take a look in your backyard to see if you can see any caterpillars out and about!  

Here is the Home Learning Plan and the Wednesday Sharing sign up

Sharing: Next week please have your child share their favourite Fairytale - they can tell us which one they like or show the book.

Last week's sharing was estimating. Thanks for all the children who shared their jar estimates with us online - it was fun to guess the amounts. 

Here was mine - how many pebbles were in a cup and how many pom poms were in a jar. Here are the guesses/estimates that children shared with me...

The children who were the closest were........

Estimations
Name Pebbles PomPoms
Jazelle     50       40
Javier     30      60
Robyn     60      20
Aaliyah    118     111
Jason   100    110
Juliette    60     20
Redding    47     46
Aria    20     30
Lyric    20      49
Georgia    70        9

Actual Number - Pebbles - 56                                               Actual Number of  Pom Poms 63

Winners:  Pebbles - Robyn/Juliette tied with 60 - 4 away           Pom Poms - Javier     60 - 3 away

I'll post your prize in the mail. Thanks for playing. 

Have a wonderful first weekend in May!

Mrs. Blackie