Mrs. Blackie - K1 News

Friday, April 24 Weekly Update

Picture of Jeni-Lynn Blackie
Friday, April 24 Weekly Update
by Jeni-Lynn Blackie - Friday, 24 April 2020, 5:44 PM

Hi everyone,

We have a very exciting week coming up! We are going to be reading Elephant and Piggie by Mo Willems who is the same author as Don't Let the Pigeon Drive the Bus! They are lots of fun to listen too. 

Here is a sneak peak....Elephant's Can't Dance! by Mo Willems

Here is next week's Home Learning Plan

Sharing topic - "Guesstimation! " Have your child fill up a clear jar or glass with the same item to share with us so we can guess how many objects are in it. (Have them count before so we can see who is close - groups of 10 will be the easiest for them to count if it is a high number.)

Here is the Sharing sign up for next week - please sign up so that no child is on their own. Please be mindful that there are only 4 spots that children can see each other that is why the sign up for the time has 4 spots.   If there are more children, they will not always been seen, but heard. 

Google Sharing Sign Up

It is wonderful getting the samples of your children's work- I love seeing them! Especially the writing journal samples that show me how they are sounding out words in their writing and the math activities. Number of the Day - If you find that your child has mastered 2 dice, try adding another dice for more of a challenge. Daily Number Sense practise is beneficial. Plus, if you could share a highlighted item(s) that would be awesome! 

Here is the Fresh Grade link below to help you send activities if you have not had a chance yet. If it is sent through Fresh Grade it is readily available for your child to see and to "read" my comments. 

https://care.freshgrade.com/s/article/Student-Account-Uploading-Files

I hope you all have a wonderful weekend!

Mrs. Blackie