Mrs. Brown and Ms. Nightingale

Week of April 20-24

Picture of Lorree Brown
Week of April 20-24
by Lorree Brown - Sunday, 19 April 2020, 8:12 PM

Week of April 20-24

Hello Division 16 Families. 

Below you will find the attached schedule for this week’s learning opportunities.  Please remember your child has the option of completing the activities in Google Classroom or on paper.  Any activities completed on paper can be emailed to lbrown@saanichschools.ca . My office hours for video conferencing are Wednesday and Thursday this week.  The sign up sheet for video conferences is on my Google Classroom under "Contact".  Please let your child know they can sign up if they have questions about any assignments or if they just wish to have some social time with their friends. I will send an invite for their sign up time to their school email.  I am available other times during the week to answer questions.  Please email me if your child needs help and I will email or call them. 

For writing this week, students have the opportunity to complete a journal entry or to write a story.  There is also another, “Would you Rather” writing activity. These were really fun to read last week. For reading there is the opportunity to complete a predicting activity.  There are also a few non tech opportunities for students. In numeracy, students have the opportunity to complete another multiplication slide deck, as well as a few other mental meth tasks. The P.E. opportunities remain the same as last week with a special addition of a Brentwood Eagle Exercise video. Finally, there is the option to complete an art activity for the eagle convocation this week where students will decorate an eagle feather. 

Madame Scott has created another French activity for this week. Students can find this in the “Extra” section of my Google Classroom. 

To our students, Mrs. Cannady and I  miss you and we wish we could be in the classroom teaching you.  Please remember not to get too stressed about remote learning and just do your best.  Remember to take care of yourself and your family...that’s the most important thing!

From Mrs. Cannady

Hello Division 16 Families. 

I will be hosting video conferences with students that have signed up on Monday. Please encourage your child to join in as I would greatly enjoy connecting with each and everyone. 

A reminder that I am available all day Mondays and Friday afternoon as per my usual work schedule.

Please keep submitting your work via email and our Google Classroom!

Any learning opportunities completed on paper can be sent to mcannady@saanichschools.ca .