Mrs. Blackie - K1 News

Friday, March 6 Weekly Update

Picture of Jeni-Lynn Blackie
Friday, March 6 Weekly Update
by Jeni-Lynn Blackie - Friday, 6 March 2020, 7:34 PM

Hello everyone, 

The children did a great job weighing and comparing the 100 Day sharing. I have to say, I was surprised marshmallows were heavier than fruit loops! Plus, the heaviest sharing was the coloured pebble rocks brought in by Georgia and the lightest sharing were Juliette's elastics. A great way to explore the concept of weight!

Sharing: Free Choice - children can bring in or talk about anything they like to share with their peers before Spring Break. 

Scholastic Book orders due Tuesday - you can order online or send in a cheque if you'd like to order books. 

Snakes, Snakes, Snakes! The children were amazing at viewing, touching and even holding the snakes - I hope to send the photos on Freshgrade this weekend or by next week.  I was proud at how courageous they were! We will continue to learn about them and explore non-fiction writing of facts. 

Spring Break is approaching fast! On Friday, March 13 I will send home the children's clothes and shoes just to double check the sizes.

Reports Cards to come home on Thursday, March 12. Please sign the envelope that you recieved it. 

Thanks and have a great weekend! Hope the sun stays out!

Mrs. Blackie