Mrs. Blackie - K1 News

Friday, February 28 Weekly Update

Picture of Jeni-Lynn Blackie
Friday, February 28 Weekly Update
by Jeni-Lynn Blackie - Friday, 28 February 2020, 7:17 PM

Hello everyone, 

We had a fantastic 100th day! We teamed up with Mrs. Westwood's class to make yummy necklaces, do a variety of gym activities and count to 100 by 1's and 10's.  Thank you parents for helping your child bring in their 100 day sharing. If your child was absent, please have them bring it in next week as we will be using the different collections in our measurement unit of weighing. We will be making a class book with the findings. 

We will not have a new sharing next week as we will still be sharing our 100 Day Collections. They will come home on Thursday. 

We have Snakes visiting our class on Tuesday morning and we will be starting a mini unit on snakes before Spring Break.

Also on Tuesday is Multiples Day where the children can dress up with other children in their class, other classes or siblings. I will talk to the children to see if they have someone they'd like to dress up with.  Wear the same colour shirt and/or pants.  This is promoted by our Intermediate School Spirit group. It is always fun to see the children dressed up. 

Please sign up for the Student Conference Open House - link below:

https://docs.google.com/document/d/1L5polBF3dgUnAibKb2aLXOfPKCjJcVq3Kt-aah4X4gc/edit?usp=sharing

On Friday, March 6 I will be away in the afternoon as I help to coach basketball and our Jamboree is at Bayside - Go Brentwood Eagles!

Calendar Reminders for March:

Stelly's Food Drive on Wednesday, March 4, 2020 from 4:00 pm to 8:00 pm - We are supporting Stelly's in their Food Drive this year by collecting non perishable food items starting now until March 4th.  If you wish to participate, please send items with your child to place in our collection box.  All items will be donated to Saanich Peninsula Food Bank. 

March 4 -Early Closure - 1:48 (Please sign up to have your child take you around the class to show you different activities and their work.)

March 12 - Report Cards home

March 13 - last day before Spring Break which is until we return Monday, March 30

Have a great weekend,

Mrs. Blackie