A few bits for the week...
- Please find attached a Special Health Alert from one of our families. While you are under no obligation to report the nature of your child's health, your cooperation is greatly appreciated. If you wish to alert the family, please contact me as soon as possible and I will let the family know. Identities will be stay private.
- Get to Know Your School Night is Thursday, September 19th from 6:00 p.m. to 7:00 p.m. Drop in, tour the school and meet your child(ren)'s teachers.
A big package of school administrative forms went home this week. The missing Student Verification Form went home today. Please check those backpacks if you have not found them yet, and return them as soon as possible. Also, coming home today is permission to go off school property for School Bus Orientation. Please sign and return as soon as possible.
If you are not intending to send in school supplies for your child, please send your $35 cheque made out to Brentwood PAC as soon as possible.Thanks to those who have done this already.
- Photo Day is Thursday, September 26th! This date is also our Terry Fox Run (around the field) at 1:55. Parents are welcome to join.
- Sharing (aka Show and Tell) starts next week. Each day, one child will bring ONE item to show and talk about with the class. Take a few minutes to help your child choose an item. It can be anything, a toy, musical instrument, photo, etc. The idea is to get them talking in front of the group. Maybe talk together about what they might say about it. If your child wants to show a digital photo/short video, email it to me at firstname.lastname@example.org. Next week: Monday - Hazel, Tuesday - Hunter, Wednesday - STIWETON (King), Thursday - Liliane, and Friday - Maeli.
- Scholastic book orders are coming home today. These orders come once a month and are strictly voluntary, of course. Orders are due September 18th.
- I encourage the use of reusable water bottles here in class. Children can take sips throughout the day without worrying about spilling coloured drinks on their materials. I won't say don't send juice boxes because that is your choice but I will say most cannot finish one in a single sitting and then they can potentially end up a sticky mess.
- We know that bullying is sometimes a concern for parents but we would like you to be aware that here at Brentwood, we recognize a difference between bullying and social learning. Please have a look at this link.
- Shannon Toronitz, our school councillor, has gathered together a padlet of Family Resources. Check them out here.
- If you haven't already, subscribe to this course/newsletter. The link is on the left-hand side of this page. Subscription makes sure you don't miss a thing as every post is delivered directly to your email inbox.
- I'm always happy to hear from you! Email email@example.com anytime or drop in for a chat. Plus, I recognize that parents are a great resource for enriching activities. If you have access to any activities that make fun field trips through work or associations, please let me know.
Have a great weekend!