A few bits for the week...
- I have a few volunteering opportunities coming up in the next few weeks. If you're interested in helping out with the following, please let me know. Sorry, they're all Mondays.
- Spider webs and spiders: I'd like to wrap up our spider unit next week. We'll be working on our webs this coming Monday, December 3rd at 12:15. It shouldn't take long if I can get 1 or 2 people to help.
- Kindergarten craft stations: Ms. Jamieson, Mrs. Blackie, and I are rotating our kids through 6 Christmas craft stations (2 in each class) on Monday, December 10th from 12:30 - 1:30. All comers welcome.
- Cone trees: Mrs. Blackie and I combine our classes once again to decorate Christmas Cone Trees with Royal Icing and treats. This will be 1:55 - 2:48 on Monday, December 17th. We're asking everyone to bring a small bag of treats to share and a bag of Royal Icing. If you need a recipe, here's the one I have. Parents of children with allergies please touch base with me at some point. We would need some adults to help set up around 1:45 and to help the children with their masterpieces.
- Help Support Family Hampers! Brentwood PAC is asking for cash donations to go toward holiday hampers that support some of our Brentwood Families. Bring a toonie (or more) and your child gets a snowflake to decorate the Winter Wonderland Board! If you know of a family that would need this kind of lift, please give the name to Mr. Guiguet or Miss Jolivet in confidence.
- You should have received your Gingerbread Man this week. Decorate as a family, cut out, and return by December 6th. Don't forget your name(s) on the front and Division number (K2) on the back.
- In case you missed it:
- Brentwood Elementary's HIP HOP HOLIDAY performance is scheduled for December 13th. Our class is performing one song together with Mrs. Blackie's class at each of two show times (10am and 1pm). The plan is for our class to be on the gym floor while Mrs. Blackie's is on the stage so you'll want to come early for seating. Mrs. Eng is asking our students to wear something red and/or green. Please send it (in a bag labelled with your child's name) to school by December 10th. All classes will perform at both times. Due to limited space, please only attend one performance but attend the entire performance.
- Sharing next week is Madeline on Monday, Ryder on Tuesday, Violet on Wednesday, Zach on Thursday, and Addison on Friday.
Have a great weekend!