A few bits for the week...
- Get to Know Your School Night is Thursday, September 27 from 5:30 p.m. to 6:30 p.m. Drop in, tour the school and meet your child(ren)'s teachers.
A big package of school administrative forms went home this week. Please check those backpacks if you have not found them yet, and return them as soon as possible. Also, if you are not intending to send in school supplies for your child, please send your $35 cheque made out to Brentwood PAC as soon as possible.
- Photo Day is Thursday, September 27th !
- Sharing (aka Show and Tell) starts next week. Each day, one child will bring ONE item to show and talk about with the class. Take a few minutes to help your child choose an item. It can be anything, a toy, musical instrument, photo, etc. The idea is to get them talking in front of the group. Maybe talk together about what they might say about it. If your child wants to show a digital photo/short video, email it to me at firstname.lastname@example.org. Next week: Monday - Avery, Tuesday - Clara, Wednesday - Edward, Thursday - Eli, and Friday - Ethan.
- Scholastic book orders are coming home today. These orders come once a month and are strictly voluntary, of course. Orders are due September 19th.
- I encourage the use of reusable water bottles here in class. Children can take sips throughout the day without worrying about spilling coloured drinks on their materials. I won't say don't send juice boxes because that is your choice but I will say most cannot finish one in a single sitting and then they can potentially end up a sticky mess.
- Kindergarten students are welcome to join Action Mornings at 8am each day but because it is open to students of all ages, you may want to consider whether it is a good idea for your child. On great weather days, students meet on the blacktop at the back of the school. On colder, wetter days, students are to enter and exit through the outside gym doors by the stairway. They must be in the gym prior to 8:10 and stay for the duration of the session. Students will be dismissed from the outside gym doors and are then expected to make their own way to where our class lines up. A reminder that Action Morning can be cancelled due to a variety of reasons and should, therefore, not be relied upon for daycare needs. In the event of a cancellation, we will do our best to post a message on the school website as early as possible. A HUGE thank you to Mrs. Bagshaw who makes Action Morning so much fun for everyone!
- We know that bullying is sometimes a concern for parents but we would like you to be aware that here at Brentwood, we recognize a difference between bullying and social learning. Please have a look at this link.
- Brentwood has a team registered in the Thrifty Foods Fun Run on Thanksgiving weekend. Information can be found on our website and the PAC page. If you are interested in attending, register by September 23rd as this will ensure your child gets a t-shirt with Brentwood printed on the back and their race pack will be delivered to the school. Parents have to register online and the cost is $20. You can register through the mail or in person as well if you so choose but need to to that ASAP.
- If you haven't already, subscribe to this course/newsletter. The link is on the left-hand side of this page. Subscription makes sure you don't miss a thing as every post is delivered directly to your email inbox.
- I'm always happy to hear from you! Email email@example.com anytime or drop in for a chat. If you've had my email before, please note the new email address the district has switched us to; the old sd63 one will be disabled before long. Plus, I recognize that parents are a great resource for enriching activities. If you have access to any activities that make fun field trips through work or associations, please let me know.
Have a great weekend!