Mrs. Blackie - K1 News

Friday, June 22 Weekly Update

Picture of Jeni-Lynn Blackie
Friday, June 22 Weekly Update
by Jeni-Lynn Blackie - Friday, 22 June 2018, 10:19 PM

Hello everyone, 

Fun Day was a great success! The children had fun participating in many of the activities.  Myself and Mrs. Leite would like to thank the parents again for donating the cupcakes - we loved running that station and I was so happy to see many of my kindies win the delicious looking cupcakes!

Here are some activities happening next week:

Tuesday - Last time to help for Scrapbook gluing - Kelly Saindon is hoping to have volunteers to help. 

Kindergarten Graduation - Tuesday at 2:00  The children will recite a poem, sing songs and receive their Kindergarten Certificate - a fun way to celebrate the Kindies! ( Big thanks to Finley and Danica's mom for making the hats!)

Reports will be sent home Wednesday along with their Scrapbook, Journals, extra clothes, inside shoes plus their Kindergarten Pals (finally they have waited all year to take them home! )Please send a bag or two on Monday or Tuesday for them to put their extra materials in.

Brentwood Parent Appreciation Pancake Breakfast - Thursday, June 28  - Starting at 8:30 -  Students will leave their backpacks at our regular line up and then head over to exterior door by the Multi-Purpose Room where they will sign in for attendance and get  a stamp.  With that stamp, he/she can bring the family to get some yummy pancakes.  I will be one of the servers. PLEASE BRING YOUR OWN plates and utensils, plus a picnic blanket so you can enjoy your pancakes outside on the field.  

After the Pancake Breakfast, we will return to class for the day.  We will have playtime, stories and some games.  If you choose to leave school after the breakfast, please let me know and sign out at the office.

Sharing: Favourite Fun Day activity and Why?

Have a wonderful weekend!

Mrs. Blackie