A few bits for the week...
- Big thanks again to Brenda Matthews (Emma's mom) and her colleague, Demitri, for the tour of the Dominion Astrophysical Observatory! Together, we are making a class book using the photos that Brenda showed us. Make sure you ask to see it next time you're in for Family Read-In. Thanks again to all the drivers who helped make this trip possible!
- Our next field trip is coming up on May 7th. We will be walking over to the Central Saanich Library. I must have at least one parent to help chaperone the walk over with us but more are welcome. If you are interested in joining us for the walk, please let me know. Permission forms went home today along with a library card application form. If your child does not yet have his/her own library card and you'd like to get one, fill out the form and return to me by Monday so I can drop them into the library for processing. Children with a library card will be able to borrow one book and no movies or video games (unless a parent is present and wants to carry more).
- Barring anything unexpected, Morning Walks will be every morning, Monday to Thursday, next week. Our Monday Morning Walk will be a longer one, down to the green space at the bottom of Llanfair Crescent and back. It's less than 1km away but the children will have a chance to play in the woods so we may not be back until 10:00. Here's a map.
- Thursday, May 3rd is whole school photo day at Brentwood. The photo usually happens in the morning so our walk will be a short one this day.
- No school next Friday, May 4th.
- Sharing next week will be Kaelyn on Monday, Kelly on Tuesday, Kieran on Wednesday, and Leo on Thursday.
Have a great weekend!