Mrs. Blackie - K1 News

Friday, January 26, 2018 Weekly Update

Picture of Jeni-Lynn Blackie
Friday, January 26, 2018 Weekly Update
by Jeni-Lynn Blackie - Friday, 26 January 2018, 4:59 PM

Hello everyone, 

I heard Literacy Day was a great success. I regret not being there as it truly is one of my favourite school activities! I hope your child had lots of fun and look forward to hearing more about it on Tuesday.  Plus, I will send home the K NEWS on Tuesday for this last week.

Just a reminder SCHOOL is not in SESSION this Monday, January 29th.

We are going to be building ice castles with Mrs. Westwood's class on Wednesday. Please fill any kind of container with water and freeze. The more we have the bigger the castle! You can use plastic tubs, balloons, ziploc bags, etc. If you want, you can add colour as well - your choice. I plan to make some extra starting this weekend to make sure they are frozen solid for Wednesday.  

Keeping with the cold, winter theme, we will be investigating some Polar Animals - south and north pole.  For sharing next week, I hope the children can draw, or if they have an animal they want to investigate to bring in for their sharing. They can give clues or wonder questions they want to learn.  We will put the sharing items on our science table until the end of the week to go home on Friday.

Calendar Reminders:

Jan. 31 - Popcorn Day -if you have not paid online, the cost is 50 cents for K's

Fun Lunch notices went out - if you would like it please order - online ordering closes Feb 12

Our Buddy class and I are planning a pancake/pj lunch. We are figuring out the details of day and space and then we will let you know. We will be asking for donations of food, grills and parent time to cook! It is fun! 

Have a wonderful weekend!

Jeni-Lynn Blackie