Mrs. Blackie - K1 News

Friday, January 19th Weekly Update

Picture of Jeni-Lynn Blackie
Friday, January 19th Weekly Update
by Jeni-Lynn Blackie - Friday, 19 January 2018, 5:43 PM

Hello everyone,

Once again,  I am sorry that I sent the children home with blue hands! We followed the science experiment for Oobleck so if you decide to make it beware- maybe only 1 drop of colouring! The children had fun...both the big buddies and little buddies. Her is a link incase you want to make it at home.

How to Make Oobleck - A Simple Recipe for Making Slime - Live Science

https://www.livescience.com/21536-oobleck-recipe.html

This we have enjoyed our time with the gymnastic mats/foams that we have borrowed from another school. If we still have them next week, I will have your child create a simple routine to share with their peers...it will be fun!   Today we also had our first First Nation Cultural Language lesson. The children did great and Mrs. Sam was happy with how they did the actions and said the words of the season and weather in Sencoten! Way to go K1!

Here are some reminders for next week:

Sharing: 3D Shapes found around your home - your child can either bring it in, describe it or draw it. It is fun to see how they are beginning to recognize the shapes in everyday materials. 

Literacy - Story: Wintertime  What families do in the Wintertime

Letters - b,j - songs to be sent home on Thursday (please remember your LIteracy duotangs. If you have lost it, please send in a new duotang so your child continues to have songs to practise at home. Thanks)

Math Focus- 3 D shapes -exploration in our environment, plus what shapes roll, slide or 

Science: Matter- solids, liquids, gases  - simple experiments at science table

Calendar Reminders:

Scholastic ( will be handed out Monday) -Due January 26

Literacy Day - Friday, Jan 26 - Wear your favourite Literacy Character

Non Instructional Day - Jan. 29

Popcorn Day - Wed Jan 31

PAC Parent Social - Music Bingo Friday, Feb. 3  (This is lots of fun! Hope to see you there! )

Have a wonderful weekend and try to stay dry!

Star Student: Mya on Monday

Mrs. Blackie