Tracey Westwood's K2

Friday, October 6th Update

Picture of Tracey Westwood
Friday, October 6th Update
by Tracey Westwood - Friday, 6 October 2017, 4:11 PM

A few bits for the week...

• This week our class began an inquiry into Fall with Brentwood's Teacher-Librarian, Miss Di Lucca. We are investigating “How do we know it's Fall?”  Thanks to those children that went out nature hunting and brought in some leaves and pine cones for us to examine.
  • Scholastic books went home this week.  I noticed some children still toting them around in their packs today.  Also, the October order flyers went home today.  Big thanks to Nikki Wicks for getting those booklets ready to go for us!
  • I was hoping to have a farm trip to a pumpkin patch this month but unfortunately, our host farm is no longer available.  If anyone has a connection with someone that farms pumpkins or would like to donate pumpkins for some  activities later in the month, please let me know.
  • I have a little list going with a few small jobs for anyone who is interested in stopping in and volunteering during the day.  Feel free to come in any time.
  • Next Thursday, Oct.12, I will be away in the morning.  The class will have their first official Teacher-On-Call (TOC). 
  • Sharing this week is Tuesday - Arley, Wednesday - Casey, Thursday - Charlie, and Friday -  Elaina.

Have a lovely long weekend!