Tracey Westwood's K2

Friday, November 25th Update

Picture of Tracey Westwood
Friday, November 25th Update
by Tracey Westwood - Friday, 25 November 2016, 5:07 PM

A few bits for the week...

• Brentwood School collects food and money donations to help support families in our school community over the holidays. If you would like to participate, please send donations to class, donation boxes in the halls, or to the office. It's a great opportunity to talk to your child(ren) about the virtues of kindness, generosity, and gratitude.

• Several days this week, the children went out for recess in the pouring rain. Please make sure your child is dressed for the weather, otherwise they are stuck playing in the limited covered spaces while others are having a great time splashing in the puddles!

• A lot of paper came home this week including a couple of surveys and a field trip to Goldstream permission form. Please complete and return asap.

• This week, we've been learning about spiders in anticipation of Swan Lake's Travelling Spiders Program visiting next Wednesday, November 30th. Ask your child what they've learned so far!

• Thank you for your Scholastic Book Orders for November. I sent the December orders home early in case you want to get some Christmas shopping done. If your order is a gift, let me know and I'll be happy to keep them hidden! December orders are due December 2nd.

• If you have a tablet, our Learning Support Teacher, Fiona Mosher, would like to recommend an app called Farm Phonics. It helps kids learn their letters and sounds of the alphabet and teaches them how we put them together to make words. There is a free LITE version; just type in “Farm Phonics” and the pig graphic will lead you to the right app.

• Sharing next week is Monday – Cole, Tuesday – Daphne, Wednesday – Ella, Thursday – Elizabeth, and Friday – Emmy.

Have a great weekend!

Tracey