Tracey Westwood's K2

October 4th Update

Picture of Tracey Westwood
October 4th Update
by Tracey Westwood - Friday, 4 October 2013, 4:15 PM

Early Dismissal at 1:48 on Wednesday, October 9th.  I will not be having structured teacher/parent conferences on this date as I prefer to schedule them closer to report card time in November.  As always, however, if you have any insights, questions or concerns about your child's learning, please do not hesitate to contact me via email, phone or drop by.  If you prefer to make an appointment, I can make myself available most days after school or in the evening if necessary.

Homework Club:  I will be here every Tuesday and Thursday for help with any schoolwork students wish to work on from 2:45-3:45.  The students voted for these days as the most accessible with their various schedules. Attendees are not required to stay the entire time and may leave when they are done.  Please speak with your child about what to do when he/she is done (ie. walk or phone home).  There will be occasional days when Homework Club is cancelled so please check the blog or student agendas if your child intends on coming in.  Homework Club will be cancelled the following Tuesdays for previously scheduled meetings: October 15, November 12, December 10, January 21, February 18, February 25, March 25, May 13, June 10.

Reminder for Mrs. Brown:  Students who have not yet brought in plastic bags and shoe boxes are asked to have them in for Monday.

Spelling for Friday, October 11th:  final, oval, fuel, equals, pickle, tickle, double, jungle, panel, towels, cancel, plural, mammal, sparkled, whistle, aisle, scramble, channel, spiral, jingle.  BONUS: general, dismal, muscle, noble, easel