Tracey Westwood's K2

Friday, September 20th Update

Picture of Tracey Westwood
Friday, September 20th Update
by Tracey Westwood - Friday, 20 September 2013, 12:03 PM

Hello People!

First I'd like to apologize for my post not appearing with spelling words this past week.  I thought I had sent it but apparently the computer had different ideas.  The system appears to be back online now.  Going forward, my intent will be to post each Friday with updates and the Spelling list for the following week. 

Thanks so much to all those families who made it in last night for "Know your School Night".  If we didn't get a chance to see you, please feel free to drop in before or after school or make an apointment.  Thank you for subscribing to the blog.  If you are still checking it "manually" please consider subscribing; it really is easier. 

There are times when I may want to email individual families for some reason so if you have not already, please send me your email address.  If you email your name (with your child's name if it differs) to tracey_westwood@sd63.bc.ca, then I can easily click you into my address book.

Paperwork:  Thank you for returning the school "paperwork" so quickly!

Scholastic Book Orders:  Last day to submit the September order is Monday, Sept.23rd.  Thanks you for all the orders we've received so far.  October orders will be going home next week.  If you are interested in taking over the administration of book orders, please let me know.  It's a great way to be involved at school and can be done mostly from home.  smile

Field Trip:  We are going to Stelly's Climbing Wall (Boulders) on October 1st. You should have received a notice about it this past week.  If you have not yet done so, please sign and return it as soon as possible.

Picture Day:  Individual photo day is next Tuesday, September 24th.  Students brought home a notice on which you are asked to choose a pose and background.  The notice needs to come with them to the photographer on Tuesday.  If you do not send this notice, the photographer will ask your child to make the choices.

Spelling for Thursday, September 26th:  frightened, suffer, paragraph, effort, autographs, telephone, dolphins, enough, laughter, symphony, physical, photography, atmosphere, flawless, geography, triumph, typhoid, hyphen, typhoon, tough  BONUS WORDS: waffle, festival, cough, telegraph, phonograph  Please note that the "Best Cursive" Workout is OPTIONAL.

Have a great weekend!