Mrs. Blackie - K1 News

Thursday, May 19, 2022 Weekly Update

Picture of Jeni-Lynn Blackie
Thursday, May 19, 2022 Weekly Update
by Jeni-Lynn Blackie - Thursday, 19 May 2022, 8:13 PM

Hello everyone, 

I hope your child shared with you some facts about our Tide Pool presentation today! Stelly's students came from their Marine Biology class to share information about Marine life. Our class was fortunate to learn about animals that live in tide pools from my daughter and her friend. The children visited 6 stations of marine animals - sea lemon, clam, sea cucumber, sea anemones, spider crab, sea urchin and blood star. The childen asked good questions and shared their favourite animals. Please chat with them about the visit. 

Big thank you to Ethan who brought in the baby Robin's nest of the video they shared! Fun to see what they used to make the nest. 

Sharing: It was fun to see the different coins the children selected as their favourite and why. Next week is free choice! The children on Monday can choose another day during the week to share their toy, picture, anything they like! (appropriate for school).

Thank you for the donations of used books to the 1000 x 5 project, it is greatly appreciated!

This Tuesday I will be away and Mrs. Beattie will be in. I will be having dental surgery. I have let the children know I will be away. 

I have booked the kitchen for Wednesday morning for scrapbooking - please contact nikkithomas57@icloud.com if you want to help. It will be from 8:35 to 9:30.  Thank you so much for your help !

Calendar Reminders:

May 20 - Professional Development Day - No school 

May 21 - Stat Holiday - No School 

May 27 - Art Performance-  Chantez Avec Will 

May 31 - Eagle Convocation -please have your child wear their Eagle shirts

June 6 Popcorn Day

June 21 - National Aboriginal Day

Have a wonderful long weekend!

Mrs. Blackie