Mrs. Blackie - K1 News

Friday, April 29, 2022 Weekly Update

Picture of Jeni-Lynn Blackie
Friday, April 29, 2022 Weekly Update
by Jeni-Lynn Blackie - Friday, 29 April 2022, 4:03 PM

Hello everyone, 

Welcome to May! I can hardly believe it! Thank you adults for coming to read this morning. Next week's parent morning visit will be Math games. I will have them set out on the table and we will play for about 20 minutes. 

Sharing: It was fun to hear what bugs the children liked and why! Ladybugs were very popular. We will start to learn about our Community and different jobs people have. Could you please share with your child your job and what you do? Thanks for your support!

Popcorn words: These are sight words - words that pop up on the page. We have been practicing these ones - I , a,  can,  see,  me,  we,  like, went, the, it, is, and, to .  When reading with your child, they may point to one of these words as a "popcorn" word. 

Scholastic Orders - Class Code is RC224378 

Portfolios/Scrapbooks: Nikki (Nala's mom) has offered to lead other parents in organizing our scrapbooks. We have lots of work that needs to be glued in and I can book a room at school so parents can work on them. I will have a sample to follow. Please email me - jblackie@saanichschools.ca if you are interested in helping her and I will connect you with her. Thanks!

Calendar  Reminders: 

May 5 & 6 PAC using partial gym for Spring Flower P/U

May 12 - Ready Set Learn 3:30-5:00 (for preschool children)

May 16 - Popcorn Day

May 18 - Fun Lunch

May 20 - Professional Development Day - No school 

May 21 - Stat Holiday - No School 

May 27 - Art Performance-  Chantez Avec Will 

June 6 Popcorn Day

Have a great weekend!
Mrs. Blackie