Mrs. Blackie - K1 News

Friday, March 11, 2022 Weekly Update

Picture of Jeni-Lynn Blackie
Friday, March 11, 2022 Weekly Update
by Jeni-Lynn Blackie - Friday, 11 March 2022, 3:35 PM

Hello everyone, 

So great to have the children share their work, calendar routines and classroom with you! They were thrilled to have you in! I appreciate the notes left for their portfolio and will glue them in. I look forward to hopefully having parent volunteers to help me with glueing their books in the future. I'll keep you posted!

We did some fun Buddy roller coasters and spring Art today but I forgot to hand them out at the end of the day - the children will get them on Monday. 

Sharing- fun to listen to the rhymes they came up with, thanks for your support with this. Next week sharing is free choice! Your child just needs to bring their item in a separate bag and it will be kept in their backpacks after their sharing. We love seeing what they'll bring!

One more week, then the break! We are finishing up our "About Me" Inquiry book and Fairy tales and continuing with our measurement unit in Math. 

Next week is popcorn and fun lunch. If you are not getting either for your child, please just have a conversation with them that it is happening so they are not upset. Thanks

Spring Ahead weekend! Remember to change your clocks.

Calendar Reminders:

March 14 - Popcorn Day

March 16 - Fun Lunch

March 17 - Report Cards sent home 

March 18 - Last day of school 

Spring Break - March 21 - April 1 - see you on April 4 

Have a great weekend, 

Mrs. Blackie