Tracey Westwood's K2

Friday, March 4th Update

Picture of Tracey Westwood
Friday, March 4th Update
by Tracey Westwood - Friday, 4 March 2022, 4:41 PM

A few bits for the week...

• Thanks to all who helped count out 100 things for 100th Day. We will spend another day or two using these collections to explore measurement and then send them home again next week. Please let me know if this is a problem.
  • Our teacher candidate, Miss La Fortune has returned to have a few more observation days before Spring Break and then will be returning after Spring Break for her 6 week practicum, gradually teaching more each week. She will be under the supervision of Ms. Martin and myself as well as her faculty supervisor from UVic. If you have any questions, you know where to find me.
  • Early dismissal days are March 9th and 10th. Now that we are permitted to have families into the classroom, we will be having student-led conferences. Sign up for a time slot and celebrate learning by having your child show you some of their work and talk about what they are most proud of. If you can't make this window, let me know and we'll happily arrange another time.
  • We did not have any guest readers this week. Please consider sending one (or more). It is an excellent way to help develop positive feelings about reading!
  • If you let your child use digital technology or plan to, here is a free resource on finding the "tech balance" from Commonsense Media.
  • Capital Region Female Minor Hockey Association is hosting two ESSO Fun Day programs, each six ice sessions. These are FREE and intended for all ages… kids 5 years+ and adults. No hockey experience is necessary. If you're interested, send me an email and I'll forward the details I have.

• Sharing next week will be Bentley, Blake, Camilo, Cooper, and Duke.

Have a great weekend!