Tracey Westwood's K2

Friday, June 18th Update

Picture of Tracey Westwood
Friday, June 18th Update
by Tracey Westwood - Friday, 18 June 2021, 5:19 PM

A few bits for the week...

• Indigenous Day is this coming Monday. We will be engaging in a number of cultural activities to recognize the day and acknowledge those who have lived here in this place that we love since time immemorial.
  • In your child's backpack you will find a small gift they created for Father's Day.  Also, since our school bus to the beach was, surprisingly, much cheaper than anticipated, and with a little help from the boss (Mrs. Salemink), we were able to refund your $5. I have slipped that into the kiddos' lunch kits.
  • I have been posting a fair bit on FreshGrade recently. If you haven't been on in a while, now would be a good time to sit down and celebrate learning with your child!
  • Next week is our last full week of school so I will be sending home your child's belongings gradually over the course of the week. That's the plan anyway.
  • Thank you to Jordanna's family for sending in some more virtual stories this past week. Thank you all for your contributions to our virtual story time this year. The littles really did enjoy them. They got a bonus two stories this week from two Stelly's Secondary students!
  • Ask your child about today's neighbourhood walk. Ask them if they can tell you Miss LaVallee's Turlte Story.
  • Sharing/special helpers next week will be Arianna on Monday, Ben on Tuesday, Bianca on Wednesday, Charlie on Thursday, and Chelsea on Friday. Because there aren't enough days left to squeeze in another turn for everyone, any one who wants to bring in bonus sharing on any day (except Monday) is welcome to do so.

Have a great weekend!