Mrs. Blackie - K1 News

Friday, March 26 Update for next week

Picture of Jeni-Lynn Blackie
Friday, March 26 Update for next week
by Jeni-Lynn Blackie - Friday, 26 March 2021, 3:29 PM

Hello everyone, 

I hope you are enjoying this beautiful sunny day on Spring Break! I look forward to seeing the children next week. Our next week sharing is for them to orally share an activity they did over the break.  The children who share on Friday will have the chance to share on any other day during the week (as it is Good Friday the week we get back). 

Lily had her birthday over the break so we will celebrate her birthday on Monday when we return and she will be the star student. 

The children will continue to practise printing their names and start learning their phone numbers that were given during the parent/teacher conferences. Please email me the phone number you would like your child to learn if you didn't already do so. 

Art supplies - I was hoping you could please send in any washed plastic lids from juice bottles, water bottles...small plastic lids for a craft the children can choose to do.  Plus - meat trays - could you please send in clean meat trays with the edges cut off. Our school has recently purchased print making supplies and I hope to work with children on print making this term. 

Ms. Van Dusen and I have made Story Workshop bins and look forward to sharing them with the children when we get back. Thanks again for all the great supplies that were sent in. 

Calendar Reminders:

Friday, April 2 - Good Friday (no school)

Monday, April 5 Easter Monday (no school)

Friday, April 23 Pro D (no school for students)

Enjoy the weekend, 

Jeni-Lynn