Mrs. Blackie - K1 News

Friday, February 26 Weekly Update

Picture of Jeni-Lynn Blackie
Friday, February 26 Weekly Update
by Jeni-Lynn Blackie - Friday, 26 February 2021, 6:28 PM

Hello everyone, 

Can you believe it is March next week? Wow! The children did an amazing job of celebrating 100's Day! Many of the collections went home today, there were just a few left on tables so your child can bring it home on Monday. They had fun weighing the collections too! A great way to introduce measuring mass. 

Big thank you to all the families who have donated to Story Workshop! Ms. Van Dusen and I are going to plan together on Spring Break to create some incredible bins with all the donations! Thank you again for your generosity!  

Sharing:  This week we have been learning and "exercising with rhyming words"! Please  have your child bring a pair of rhyming words - for example fit/sit -  to share with the class.  They can draw two pictures and as a class we can guess the words too. Whatever your child would like to do. 

We have been working on ways to make 10. Here is a card game you can help your child play - Ways to Make 10 pyramid. I introduced it in class, but plan to practise and play more with the children next week. When you play, I suggest having 10 objects for the children to count or they can count the pictures on the cards. 

Early Dismissal is next Wednesday, March 3 and Thursday, March 4 at 1:48. Please remember to sign up on the google doc for a conference. https://docs.google.com/document/d/1wJLdizQ-FzgaeNOD6karYizECkWcEW6grK7rjxpTn4Y/edit?usp=sharing

Calendar Reminders:

March 3, 4 - Early Dismissal 1:48

March 12 Eagle Shirt Spirit Day

March 15 - 26   Spring Break 

Enjoy the last weekend of February!

Mrs. Blackie