A few bits for the week...
- This coming Monday, February 22nd is our 100th Day of Kindergarten. I know many of you have already counted out your 100 things together and have them ready to send to school. Please bring the 100 items to school in a ziploc-type bag or email a photo with the 100 things (something we can hang on the wall for a while). We will be doing more counting and measuring activities with objects that come in. We are also planning to parade around the outside of the school so please ensure your child dresses for the weather.
- Pink Shirt Day is coming up next Wednesday, February 24th. Everyone is welcome to wear a pink shirt if they wish.
- Normally, at this time of year we would be preparing for Student-Led Conferences where each child welcome's their family into the school to show what they have been learning. This year, things being as they are, I will be sending a couple things home for your child to share with you (their scrapbooks and their journals). I invite you to talk together about how things have changed over the course of the year. They will need to bring these items back to school the following Monday.
- As with term one, ongoing assessment is being posted to FreshGrade and you are welcome to comment and ask questions through the app. FreshGrade offers another opportunity to celebrate your child's learning together. Today, I posted their latest "I can print my name!" sample (go back to October's post and scroll down) and they are so proud of how they have improved!
- If you feel you would like to meet to talk about your child, I will be setting up virtual conference times for the early dismissal dates, March 3rd and 4th. I will post that sign up next week.
Have a good weekend!