Mrs. Blackie - K1 News

Thursday, November 19 Weekly Update

Picture of Jeni-Lynn Blackie
Thursday, November 19 Weekly Update
by Jeni-Lynn Blackie - Thursday, 19 November 2020, 7:18 PM

Hello everyone, 

A busy week! I hope your child told you about our fantastic field trip! We learned about Grey and Red Squirrels and had fun exploring the forest. I hope you get a chance to go to Francis King Park, it is wonderful!  We  got to make a drey, collect pinecones to make a cache and even saw "fairy" mushrooms on the side of a tree! (that was my name for them as they were so tiny!) I will be uploading photos to Fresh Grade soon.  I hope your child brought home their squirrel booklets today to share with you too! They worked hard on them. 

A reminder that it is a Pro D tomorrow - no school for the children but I'm lucky to be learning about Math and look forward to sharing the new ideas with your child.

Sharing: Next week please have your child bring in 1 favourite toy (in a plastic bag please) to share with the class. Please help them to know the first letter it starts with, who gave it to them, and/or where they got it from plus why it is one of their favourites.  Thanks for your continued support. I hope to make a classroom booklet for the children to read. 

Calendar Reminders:

November 25 - Eagle Convocation - Please have your child wear their Eagle Shirt

December 18 - Last day before Winter Break  

MASKS-A reminder to please wear masks at pick up and drop off when on School Property. Thanks for your support during these challenging COVID times. 

Enjoy the extended weekend!

Mrs. Blackie