Mrs. Blackie - K1 News

Wednesday, June 24 Last Post for the Year

Picture of Jeni-Lynn Blackie
Wednesday, June 24 Last Post for the Year
by Jeni-Lynn Blackie - Wednesday, 24 June 2020, 9:34 PM

Hello everyone!

What a year! I was fortunate to have taught your child this past year and am grateful to have co-taught with you too! Thank you for doing your best for their remote learning as this was a challenge. I am a parent of 2 school children - it was tricky! 

I want to send a special thank you to the parent volunteers - Myrlene, Hailey,  Bronwyn  and other parents who were able to pop in and help to work on the scrapbooks - it is a lot of work and greatly appreciated for the children to have some special memories of their K year!

Claire for making playdough monthly - the children loved it! (Especially the smelly ones!) 

This year, more than ever, it will be important to read with your child, play math games, and practise printing.  Talk with your child about the world around them. Give them opportunities to exercise those little finger motions by writing, colouring, playing with playdough, cutting and building with Lego. Get out in the sun for hikes, walks and enjoy going to the playground. The Home Learning Plan will be available all summer so please go back in and try some of the things you missed.

I hope you all have a wonderful summer and really hope to see you around Brentwood. 

Here is a special message from all of the K Teachers at Brentwood.

Soar into the summer together Eagles!

Take care, 

Mrs. Blackie