Tracey Westwood's K2

Friday, May 29th Update

Picture of Tracey Westwood
Friday, May 29th Update
by Tracey Westwood - Friday, 29 May 2020, 3:47 PM

A few bits for the week…

• It is with a heavy heart that I admit I will not be returning to school for in-person classes this coming Monday. I am very sad that I cannot be with all the children at this time but I will be continuing to provide the Home Learning Plan that will be the basis for classroom work. Mrs. Tahkar will be teaching the Monday-Tuesday cohort unless the situation changes, as it is prone to do. Mr. Grimm will be teaching the Wednesday-Thursday cohort but this too, is subject to fluctuating conditions. I apologize for the lack of certainty. School staff is doing the best they can in this frequently changing situation.

• Here is the Home Learning Plan for next week. Make sure your child doesn’t miss Olivia’s Thrifty Foods Tour!

• I will be continuing with video meet ups with students on Fridays but not next Friday because teachers are having a Pro-D day. We will be learning about Trauma-Informed teaching.

Here are some things you can tell your in-class learners ahead of next week:

• There will be LOTS of handwashing.

• Line up on the orange dots at our regular door where they will be greeted by a lovely human.

• After washing your hands, students will be hanging their backpacks with their lunches on the back of their chairs (labelled with their names) and immediately sit down at their tables. 

• Students are asked to leave unnecessary items such as toys at home.

• Recycling and composting at school have been suspended so wrappers and left-overs will be coming back home in lunch kits. 

• Students will continue to have French and Music time with Mme Scott and Mrs. Robinson each week.

Have a good weekend!