Mrs. Blackie - K1 News

Thursday, April 9 Home Learning Plan

Picture of Jeni-Lynn Blackie
Thursday, April 9 Home Learning Plan
by Jeni-Lynn Blackie - Thursday, 9 April 2020, 6:58 PM

Hello everyone,

Please let me know about any problems you have with access or availability of technology and materials via email. We want to make sure no one is experiencing any hardship in providing materials to complete tasks. 

Tomorrow I will send out the Weekly Sharing sign up time for your child to meet for next Wednesday. I will include all the children unless you have emailed me that you wish not to have your email added to the list. 

I have included next week's My Home Learning Plan . There are a few highlighted activities that I am hoping you can share with me as a photo/video using the Fresh Grade Student app so I can see your child's learning and have it documented.  These activities are: Number of the Day, The Good Egg writing activity and your child's name and phone number.  I hope to send a video of how we practise writing in our class so you can see what we usually do for "kid writing".  When the children write, I put an alphabet strip out to help them. Here is an example that they may enjoy using   Letterland Letters that you can have on the table to use when they write. Plus, in your child's  Literacy Folder home, there is a page that has popcorn words that they can refer to as well. We are encouraging the children to write the sounds they hear and not worry about correct spelling for words. 

Take lots of photos - this is history in the making and you may want a record. My children made chocolates for the first time and they got along -that was history in the making! Ha Ha and yes, I took a photo so we can all remember it!

Please remember that we are all in this together and not to put too much pressure on yourself. You are your child's first teacher and now is the time to model knowing when to take a break, knowing how to take of yourself. If your well-being is at stake, it’s okay to plunk your child down in front of Minecraft or Wild Kratts, or send them off to play. Please let me know if I can help in anyway. 

Wishing you a wonderful long weekend and Happy Easter!

Free Easter Egg Clipart

Mrs. Blackie