Tracey Westwood's K2

Friday, October 11th Update

Picture of Tracey Westwood
Friday, October 11th Update
by Tracey Westwood - Friday, 11 October 2019, 2:53 PM

A few bits for the week...

• FreshGrade is live! You should have received an invitation email with instruction on how to view and comment on your child's FreshGrade portfolio.  If you did not, please send me  ( twestwood@saanichschools.ca ) an accurate email address as it may be that the system has a typo in it.  Don't forget to tap the More link to view the details of an activity!
  • No school Monday.  Happy Thanksgiving! 
  • With support from  you, the PAC, Mrs. Gill Chater will be starting next week teaching Brentwood students songs for a winter concert.  The date is not yet written in stone but will likely be around December 12th.  I'll let you know as soon as I do.
  • Ready, Set, Learn is next Wednesday evening from 3:30 - 6. If you know anyone with children aged 0-4 who would like to tour the school, that's the day. Please pass it on.
  • We have already had an in class fire drill.  We will participate in a whole school one soon.  Next week, we will be getting ready for the Great Shake Out on Thursday, the 17th.  All drills are discussed in the least scary way possible. Please let me know if your child is expressing any anxiety around them.  It helps to have fire and earthquake plans for home too.  Then its just something everyone does to stay safe.
  • Sharing next week is Liliane on Tuesday, Maya on Wednesday, Nico on Thursday, and Nora on Friday.

Have a great weekend!