Mrs. Blackie - K1 News

Friday, September 27 Weekly Update

Picture of Jeni-Lynn Blackie
Friday, September 27 Weekly Update
by Jeni-Lynn Blackie - Friday, 27 September 2019, 7:00 PM

Hello everyone, 

A busy but great week! We made applesauce and tested 3 different apple types to see which was our favourite one to create a class graph. We are welcoming Fall and exploring the things that it brings! Ask your child if they liked the applesauce and which apple they enjoyed!

Thanks for supporting the Terry Fox run with the twoonies and it was great to see parents cheer on the kids and even run!

Our Sharing About Me was Awesome! It was great to hear the many things that the children liked to do, favourite colours, toys and it was fun to see the connections they had with the other children.  

Next week - 

Sharing: Please have your child bring in one object that has the same letter sound as their first name. Plus, please help them to write 3 clues for their peers to try and guess what it is. ( I help them read the clues if they forget them). Here is my example:

Blackie - 3 Clues  1) it is like a circle, but it is called a sphere  2) it rolls   3) it bounces  What am I?  BALL         

Science : Investigating seasonal changes. If you and/or your child want to bring any collections from nature to our class, we will be looking at how seasonal changes affect living things. For example: leaves, acorns, chestnuts, pine cones, seedlings, etc. We will start to investigate fall animals, plants and how they are affected by seasonal changes.

Library Books - please return them on Tuesday

Finally, I will be attending a  Workshop on Thursday, October 3 and will have Mrs. Thorton (one of our Buddy Teachers) in to teach the class for the morning. She has been with the students already as I was in a meeting at the end of the day this past week and she covered the short block of time. I wanted a familiar face for the children and I will be back in the afternoon.

Orange Shirt Day on Monday - Please have your child wear an Orange Shirt to remind us that Every Child Matters.

Enjoy your weekend,

Jeni-Lynn Blackie