Mrs. Blackie - K1 News

Friday, May 3 -Weekly Update

Picture of Jeni-Lynn Blackie
Friday, May 3 -Weekly Update
by Jeni-Lynn Blackie - Friday, 3 May 2019, 6:30 PM

Hello everyone,

Our Eagle Convocation day was a big hit! The whole school did scavenger hunts - a great way to enjoy the outside weather through play!

We all enjoyed listening and looking at the variety of Fairytales that were shared this week. We will continue to read Fairy Tales next week and then create our own.

Sharing: Alliteration - same letter sound repeating - example Blackie bounces by bushes or Jeni-Lynn jumps joyfully or Jeni jumps and juggles jellybeans.  Please help your child to come up with a few words that begins with their letter. Thanks

Math Mornings on Friday - thank you for coming and playing games! The students enjoyed starting the morning counting. Next Friday is a Pro D, but we will continue to have Math mornings until the end of the school year. I will introduce some new games every week. 

Calendar Reminders:

Friday, May 10 - Pro D

Fun Lunch - Wednesday, May 15 

Picture Day Thursday, May 16 - Class and Whole School Photo

Popcorn Monday, May 27

Some upcoming field trips - Victoria Public Library, May 29 - I will need at least 1 volunteer to walk with us.

Beach Buddy Day - June 10  Leave school at 10 and return for 1:00 - we will need parent drivers with criminal record checks and driver abstracts if you are driving other children then your own.

I will send the forms out as soon as I have them processed by the office. 

I hope everyone has a great weekend!

Mrs. Blackie